1. Who is Elaine’s mother and how come we never meet her?
2. What happened to the musician who took the old lady’s apartment above Jerry?
3. What’s Newman’s first name?
4. What happened to Kramer’s dog?
5. Why wouldn’t Jerry’s date, Poppy’s daughter, eat the apple pie?
6. Why doesn’t Poppy wash his hands before preparing meals in his restaurant?
7. Why is “Del Boca Vista” so hard for Jerry Stiller to say?
8. Who is Kramer’s father and how come we never meet him? Did he die? If so, how?
9. What were Jerry and Elaine fighting about and why did it lead to their initial break-up?
10. How, when and why did they break up a second time?
11. How did Kramer transform himself from a bathrobe-wearing shut-in to an outgoing playboy?
12. Why wasn’t Kramer in that Chinese Restaurant with Jerry, Elaine and George when he wasn’t strictly a homebody at that point?
13. Why did George cheat in The Contest?
14. Why did Kramer stop knocking on Jerry’s door before entering?
15. How come Jerry’s door isn’t always locked?
16. Why did Elaine’s parents split up?
17. How come George can smoke a cigar but can’t handle a cigarette?
18. Why did the number on Jerry’s apartment change 3 times?
19. How did Paquita, the busboy’s cat, escape his apartment without being seen or making a sound?
20. How come we never meet Jerry’s sister and why is she never mentioned more than once?
21. How was Poppy able to leave such a huge pee stain on Jerry’s couch cushion while sitting in that position and wearing, presumably, two layers of clothing?
22. Why was Jerry having second thoughts about Elaine moving into his building (and therefore eliminating his “buffer zone”) when she’s in his apartment in practically every episode already? What difference would it make? She’s always there!
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
23. An astute commenter has pointed out another unsolved mystery. George, indeed, mentions a brother in the third season episode, The Suicide. Also, he mentions him again in The Parking Space. So, who is George’s brother and how come we never meet him?
24. In another third season episode, The Fix-Up, there’s a scene where Cynthia and Elaine are talking about George. If you look closely at the refrigerator, you’ll notice black fingerprints. How did they get there and who do they belong to?
25. Why do Newman and Jerry hate each other?
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Monday, March 17, 2008
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://dennisearl.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/unsolved-mysteries-of-seinfeld/trackback/